A lot of people are struggling with Google’s new Caffeine algorithm and MayDay changes. Hopefully you all will get some useful idea’s from this article to fine tune your SEO skills and dominate the rankings.
First off, I would like to thank all my mentors and everyone else that has contributed to my success. If it wasn’t for you this article wouldn’t be possible.
While everyone else is struggling, now is your chance to take over that #1 spot! These changes are a good thing, so long as you follow the advice in this article.
CAUTION: Never obviously cover stuff your pages! and Never use cloaking tactics! Google punishes very severely, and its just a matter of time until your competition reports you.
With that being said, here is my checklist to follow:
- Use a unique title for every page that you create
- Create unique descriptions on all your page’s
- Never use relative URLs within the source of your page
- Create keyword enriched HTML comments within the content areas
- Use keywords in the URL’s for the different pages that they link to
- Go through all the title attributes
- Dial in all alt text
- Use microformats every chance that you get
- Never use over two entries within the meta keywords
- Link all the pages together using a sitemap widget. Put the widget in the footers.
- Never stop creating backlinks!
- Each page should have a paragraph of 300-500 words. Keep the keyword density to around 10%. Make sure that at least 8-10 words link to other related pages.
- Always us canonical tags on all the pages
- Create a social media campaign using the top 5 social media sites and provide links back to website. Maintain daily.
- Register with Google webmaster central
- Update robots txt
- Update all pages regularly
- Add Twitter and Facebook buttons
- Stop AdWords and hire Facebook/social media experts
- Be sure to use image alt tags
These changes are not effecting everyone, but if your one of the unlucky ones, than this advice will work very well for you. Don’t get too concerned, Google always does the “Google dance” and using these simple adjustments will get you “Swinging to the music”!
Source: By Charles Warner